Thursday, November 12, 2015

In Love With Employee

Nov. 12, 2015

Dear Cathy:

I work for a small company with 50 employees.  I met an amazing man but the only problem is we work together and I am his boss.  I don’t want to cross the line.  I know he is attracted to me because he flirts with me.  What can I do to carry on a relationship with him and remain his boss?  In Love With Employee, Minnesota

Dear In Love With Employee:

The only thing you can professionally do to carry on a relationship with this man is to quit your job or have him quit his.  If one of you move to another department and he is not working directly under you, that might work also.

Carrying on with someone who is an employee and you are the boss, is opening yourself up to all types of liabilities and not to mention heartbreaks and even headaches down the line.  

The goal on any job is to be a professional and when you accepted that management seat on your job, it meant you more than the employees need to follow and administer the rules.  That is just how workplaces are set up.

Even carrying on an affair in secret, won’t work because if you two breakup or have some type of disagreement, then it might affect your work environment, so again move to another department or take another job or have him move to another department or take another job.

Many men flirt with women so make sure there is someone there before you investigate other options.  Relationships are hard so make sure you both are on the same page.




No comments:

Post a Comment