Thursday, January 29, 2015

How Can I Make Money With My Voice? ​

Jan. 29, 2015



Dear Cathy:
At a very young age, I was told I had a nice voice so now I am a voice-over artist. I do intros, radio and TV commercials especially on the internet, and work as a Disc Jockey (DJ) but this year I am looking to expand to other business opportunities.  Do you have any suggestions?  Nice Voice, New York
Dear Nice Voice:
Since you have been blessed with a nice voice instead of just doing what you currently do, next to taking singing lessons and becoming a Singer or voice lessons and becoming a Speaker, I would suggest that you investigate the possibility of becoming an audiobook narrator.  
Many moviestars get into this field and many authors really would like to move their businesses to the next level by turning an e-book or paperback into an audiobook, but many don’t know how to go about hiring an audiobook narrator.
You can set up your own home studio for less than $300.  We are in the age of technology, so this field is extremely hot at this time. Over 60% of people who graduate from schools today read at a 6th grade level so audiobooks should be a hot commodity especially for those who don’t like to read.
Some authors should skip the e-book and paperback stage and go right into the audiobook stage.  You can find many of these writing groups on social media websites especially on facebook.com so I would seek out these groups today.  For a list of other businesses dealing with speaking read "The New CEO: 185 Easy-To-Set Up Businesses for Youth and Adult Entrepreneurs."  

No comments:

Post a Comment